My Top Ones
- Infromation is beautiful by David McCandle. Simply the coolest thing ever I must say. turns complex data sets (like worldwide military spending, media buzz, Facebook status updates) into beautiful, simple diagrams that tease out unseen patterns and connections. Good design, he suggests, is the best way to navigate information glut.
- Manuel Lima is an interaction designer at VisualComplexity.com. , Lima looks at how complex interconnectedness can be understood. He is compelled by the divide between information and knowledge. So he looks at information visualization.To understand how to visualize info, Lima started collecting hundreds and hundreds of examples of visualizations of complexity, which he compiled onto
- In his blog Running the numbers explores the visual side of big numbers. This american artist is best known for his large-scale works depicting mass consumption and waste, particularly garbage. He has been called “the ‘it’ artist of the green movement”. His photographies are incredible and very inspiring too.
- gapminder he explores. is a Swedish medical doctor, academic, statistician and public speaker. He is Professor of International Health at Karolinska Instituteand co-founder and chairman of the Gapminder Foundation, in his the
- The Guardian Data blog have been pioneers in this idea of data journalism. Their blog is simply brilliant and worth having a look at every now and then.
- Inspired by Lev Manovich’s definition of “iinformation aesthetics“, this weblog explores the symbiotic relationship between creative design and the field of information visualization. More specifically, it collects projects that represent data or information in original or intriguing ways. Andrew Vande Moere (an Associate Professor at KU Leuven university) interests merge the representation of information and explorative, creative design, such as in the fields of data visualization, mapping, interaction design, media architecture, urban computing and digital fabrication.
- The Guardian http://www.guardian.co.uk/data
- Data Art Project in collaboration with the BBC http://www.data-art.net/
- RTVE lab http://lab.rtve.es
- Online Journalism Blog http://onlinejournalismblog.com/tag/web-2-0/
- Pro PUBLICA: http://www.propublica.org/
- La Nacion Data blog: http://blogs.lanacion.com.ar/data/about/
- The Story Blog: http://thestory.ie/
- Open data Movement: http://blog.okfn.org/latest/
- City Farners http://city-farmers.co.uk/?page_id=326
- OWNI.eu http://owni.eu/2012/09/13/the-week-in-data-17/
- Visual News http://www.visualnews.com/category/news/
- TypoType http://typotopo.com/projects.php?id=mappingnews
- Many Eyes https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/groups/service/html/communityview?communityUuid=62fefc4c-66f4-441d-bd91-47542642b2e1
- A video report on data visualization as astorytelling medium http://datajournalism.stanford.edu/
- How big data is changing lives by the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21535739